Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Day 17 - Husband of the year!

Okay, so I admit, this blog entry is not really about my trip to Galicia, it's about the greatest husband a girl could ask for. But it is also a bit about Galicia....

The title of this post comes from my sister Ashley who told me on the phone one day before I left that Shawn deserved the "Husband of the Year" award for letting me go to Spain. She quickly ammended that statement by assuring me that it wasn't actually that he was "letting" me go, but that he was so cool with the idea of me going. But then again, that's why I married him.

Today we celebrate our second wedding anniversary from opposite sides of the Atlantic. It may not seem like a long time, but we've been together almost nine years now. I miss him like crazy of course, but I'm thrilled that he is so supportive of this trip and me in general, and I know I would be the same way if the roles were reversed.

Being in Galicia, I have had the chance to learn so many things that I would not be able to learn back home. In the first place, the Galego language... although that still needs a lot of work! But also a lot of cultural things - including most of the information in previous posts. He understands that my coming here is something that can help me in the future, and he is all for that.

So, Happy Anniversary Shawn! I love you and miss you and thank you for being you!

No comments:

Post a Comment